STZA hosted a German Delegation Visit to its Head Office. The main agenda was to discuss bilateral trade relations between the two countries and opportunities of investments from G2G perspective. The Business delegation is eager to understand the current outlook on investment opportunities in Pakistan, information on market development and volume, market trends, as well as information on sales and distribution channels.
The business delegation comprised of representatives from the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and from private sectors like aviation and machinery industry, electronics and leather textile industry, as well as corporate and legal services.
Some of the main takeaways were from the discussions on how exemptions can be operationalized, the availability of STZ in Lahore for relocation & the comparison of UAE free zone with STZA.
In attendance were the following:
• Tobias Pierlings Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Action
• Dr. Philipp Deichmann, Deputy Ambassador, German Embassy
• Christian Böttcher First Secretary Economic and Political Section, German Embassy
• Oliver Oehms CEO German Emirati Joint Council for Industry & Commerce (AHK Dubai)
• Muhammad Usman AHK Dubai
• Shaukat Ali, Dennemeyer & Associate S.A. (AE)
• Heena Nazir, German Trade and Investment (GTAI)
• Luis Monreal, Lufthansa German Airlines
• Thomans Hagen Mehiltz, SolRide Inc.
• Till Andernach, SolRide Inc.
• Muhammad Asif, TUV
• Shabab Akhter, TUV
• Haris Ali, Rohde & Schwarz Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd.
• Gabriel Muller, Krämer Automotive Systems